Lasagna With Zucchini Recipe. Watch the video recipe at the bottom of the page, bellow the written recipe
1. Cut the tomatoes in half and remove that medium greenish hard part. Arrange on the cut side in a pot, pour water over it and cook covered over low heat for 10 minutes.
2. After the time has passed, remove the skin from the tomato. The tomato is now peeled with incredible ease while retaining all the contents. Add chopped fresh basil leaves or a pinch / two of dried basil as desired, sugar, and mash well with a mashed potato masher. Remove from the side until use.
3. Onion, garlic, parsley leaves, root vegetables (celery and parsley) finely chopped.
4. Peel a squash, grate it.
5. Onion, garlic, parsley leaves, root vegetables celery and parsley that you chopped together simmer in a little oil for 10 minutes.
6. TIP: After the time has elapsed, if you are going to prepare veggie lasagna with zucchini, in that case, immediately add the previously grated and peeled zucchini. If you are going to prepare lasagna with minced meat and zucchini (like me in the video, then first add the meat and continue to simmer for the next 7-8 minutes.
7. Now add the zucchini to the meat, salt, pepper, and continue to simmer also for 7-8 minutes to reduce all the liquid and juices almost completely.
8. Drizzle with freshly mashed tomatoes from the beginning of the recipe and continue stirring to reduce all the liquid for the next 10 minutes. There may be some juice left, that is okay. Remove from heat.
9. For the bechamel sauce, melt the butter in another pot over medium heat, then add the flour and mix for a minute.
10. Add milk, pepper, salt, a little sugar, and nutmeg and mix well for the next 7-8 minutes until it boils. Do it until the bechamel begins to thicken.
11. TIP: You can help yourself with a masher for mashed potatoes, if there is any lump of flour left, just as I showed in the video recipe. If there is any left, don’t worry because it will decompose later in baking.
12. Turn off the stove and leave the bechamel to stand for ten minutes, so that it hardens a little more.
13: TIP: If the béchamel is thin, it will end up under the foil during baking and will leak out of the pan even if everything is secured with aluminum foil.
14. When I don’t feel like preparing my dough and lasagna noodles, I usually buy sheets that say “no pre-cooking” so that they don’t need to be cooked before.
15. Lay a part of noodles on a baking tin and add a part of the béchamel on top so that it covers noodles everywhere.
16. Over the béchamel, put the stuffing with the meat and add some grated cheese.
17. Lay the noodles over the cheese again and repeat the process until all the noodles are used up. IMPORTANT: In the end, only the béchamel without the filling and cheese goes over the top row.
18. TIP: If you have any noodles left, save it for another time or prepare party rolls some another day.
19. Seal well with aluminum foil. Lasagna with zucchini is baked under aluminum foil for 45 minutes at 210 C (I do not use a fan).
20. After the time has elapsed, remove the foil, add some more grated cheese on top and mozzarella (almost necessarily because of the nice baked color).
21. Put the lasagna with zucchini back in the oven for another fifteen minutes at the same temperature, but always uncovered.
22. Lasagna With Zucchini Recipe is ready to serve