Quiche Croutons Recipe. Watch the video recipe at the bottom of the page, bellow the written recipe
1. Add bacon to a few drops of oil as desired. It can also be a veggie variant without meat but watch out for salt at the end.
2. Immediately add the colorful peppers over the bacon. It can also be monochrome, but it looks better this way. Then add the onion and simmer for 5-6 minutes just enough to “wither” or darken and release the liquid. Remove from heat and set aside to cool until use (can be lukewarm).
3. Place diced old bread in a buttered mold and coat with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, and oregano.
4. Bake the croutons for 7-8 minutes at 200 C.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the sour cream, some hard cheese that you would use for a pizza, you can also add cheese triangles if desired. Then add chives, eggs, nutmeg, pepper, and pre-stewed vegetables that can be lukewarm, it mustn’t be hot so that the eggs do not coagulate immediately.
6. TIP: Salt as desired and to taste, be careful because the meat is already salty itself, and be sure to salt if you have prepared a veggie variant without meat.
7. Arrange the quiche filling over the baked croutons.
8. Quiche croutons are baked for 15 minutes at 200 C.
9. And Quiche Croutons are ready for Serve with cherry tomatoes and lettuce or cabbage salad.