Risotto With Melon Prosciutto and Mushrooms Recipe. Watch the video recipe at the bottom of the page, bellow the written recipe
1. Chop onions, root vegetables (celery, parsley), garlic, and fresh bell pepper. Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into medium pieces. Cut the prosciutto into smaller strips.
2. In the absence of a base (broth) and given a large number of vegetables, the easiest way to make a soup stock is to boil one and a half-liter of water. As soon as it boils, turn the heat off or remove the pot from the heat, then add only half a vegetable cube or 5 g of the spice mixture and stir. In the absence of everything, add 5g of salt.
3. Now simmer / sauté the previously chopped vegetables and root vegetables for 10 minutes on reasonably high heat.
4. Add prosciutto and mushrooms (for veggie meal leave out prosciutto) and continue simmering for 5 minutes.
5. Now add the tomatoes and melon and continue simmering for the next 5 minutes.
6. Add uncooked (raw) rice and fry everything for a few minutes so that the rice becomes glazed and absorbs the liquid.
7. Now add white wine (or water) and stir until the rice absorbs everything, and the liquid reduces completely.
8. TIP: Be careful not to stick to the bottom; you need to stir constantly.
9. Now add and soak with 2dl of broth every few minutes and a total of about 25 minutes, until you have used up all the pouring liquid.
10. Remove from the heat, try the dish, and add salt as desired and to taste. Add pepper and butter, then return to the heat and just stir briefly until the butter has melted.
11. And this creamy risotto with melon prosciutto and mushrooms is done and ready to serve. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and sprinkle with parmesan.